Mail Club - November '16
I made a November resolution to send more mail
- I mad love getting mail so I assume other people do too
- I get weird over stationary and glue and fonts and stamps and go into book shops to touch the paper and....
- it's a creative force that actually physically interacts with another person's life.
- I make resolutions whenever I feel like I need them, and do not confine them to January. Besides January is my birthday month, so what am I going to resolve to? Eating cake? Yes. I always resolve to eat cake in January.
I decided to put out the call on social media as to who would like to receive mail from me and some of the answers surprised me! I have been true to my word and since posting that I was going to do it, I've actually done it!
Want to join the mail club?
- Send me your address (I'll blur most of it out on the internet)
- Promise to be patient
- Let me know you received it. Otherwise, what are we even doing here, really?
- Trust in the fates // me as to what it will be
- MAGIC DREAM BONUS RULE THAT IS NOT A REAL RULE DO NOT EVEN WORRY- mail something back!
Hopefully each month (or two) I can post a round up of all the mail I've sent out! It also means I have to // get to, work on my hand lettering which, despite what I had believed to be an early proclivity for calligraphy, has in my older age proven to be quite a challenge. The writing on the inside of the letters is barely legible, just FYI.
It was finally time for us stop dialling in our Christmas outfits and so I made us these stunning little Christmas turtlenecks based on a DIY my mom made for my sister and me in the 90s. Here’s how you can get glorious for Christmas too.
April's mail club features some nudists, a baby elephant, a blown-out-of-proportion-puffer-fish, major issues + magic.
Instead of nervous breakdown tears this year, we decided to have an e-Christmas + ask our friends which charity they'd like their card money to go to instead.
We've got gold + jungles in round 1 this year.
When the nicest people you know are having a baby + their baby is having a woodlands creature room + their shower is in the city it's time to get someone to make you some cute AF urban creatures for their invites.
I always say a posted invite turns a get-together into an affair so when we went out for Chinese food for Kyle's 30th birthday, the guests were informed by post.
I made a toque for Kyle + he hasn't got to wear it yet because I wear it every day, so I'm making it in 2 more colours in the perfect wool.
Some life events required mail.
A bride-to-be who loves purple, girly, and her fiancé West, and a group of friends who love wine + their bride-to-be friend Jess, led me to create this invite suite for our wine weekend getaway.
An awfully wonderful way to preserve special memories is to turn them into jewelery you can wear + treasure.