A Month of Sundays in my Jude Skirt
Nothing says Vancouver uniform more than a skirt from Aritzia, and nothing says Eva uniform [oops I mean capsule wardrobe] more than a black outfit, so what's a girl to do? I bought a Jude skirt, in black and at the end of the month I realized that I had worn it every weekend. Still feel like I slayed it though. Really leaning into this whole capsule wardrobe thing.
Here's how I made it my own.
You will note I even wore colour one day. And there's both a Cabernet heel and a pink flat. And florals. So I'm basically a wild woman.
I know it's handy to have a list of all the items I'm wearing, but in all honestly you can't buy much of this anymore as a lot of it is pretty old. Like bought it on sale 2 years ago old. But I still have some hot tips for you, and I think that's more important than buying the exact same thing.
- Buy shoes from J Crew. They are the best shoes in the world. Watch for sales, they come up often and are how I stock my shoes closet. Every pair featured other than my Birkenstocks was purchased there.
- Steal clothes from the men in your life. I just discovered my wardrobe could be like doubled if I started wearing Kyle's tops. Don't get me started on the bottoms, although I have been known to wear a pair of shorts when I will be seen by few people. Generally speaking his pants don't fit.
- I'm feeling hoop earrings again. It's been a while.
- Different hair styles count as creating different outfits.
- Crop tops work on curvy body types too. Lady's smallest part is right under your ribs, so a high waisted item (like the Jude skirt) plus a crop top that is not skintight and leaves just a hint of skin will leave you feeling slim + hawt. So I never want to hear the nonesense I hear about being too big for crop tops ever again ok please.
For our first anniversary we went out to brunch + I wore my Jude skirt with
Cabernet suede + Lucite grandma heels. This is one of those current fashions that I think is really ugly but love it sooo much. Just like too-short pants.
straight hair, just a basic blow out. I almost never get this right // like it, but somehow on this day I got away without adding curls.
sick hoop earrings
silk, super flared out crop top with spaghetti straps from Club Monaco
To go power shopping [ugh why would you shop any other way?] I wore my Jude skirt with
the top Kyle wore on our anniversary, [see above!] and just went with the super oversized nature of it + felt all super art gallery-fancy lady in it. You know. Those ladies that wear baggy clothes yet still look put together? I felt like the long, long sleeves and super stiff nature of the shirt made me look totally like one of them.
Birkenstocks because I was walking around and wanted to be comfy
leather backpack for loading with sweet finds
Rain People Jean jacket, buttoned once to give me some shape
fishtail milkmaid braids
For a hey, it's Sunday, let's go to brunch, brunch I wore my Jude skirt with
a boxy crop top from Aritzia
my favourite Ethiopian coptic cross necklace that I picked up in South Africa
light straightening iron curls, cause I woke up like this
pink lace up flats
my Tofino Tote for like all the things you must bring to brunch. Like a camera.
for a, hmmm how do I wear all black to a bridal shower shower I wore my Jude skirt with
a black floral top of Kyle's. This time I tied it in a tight not with just a hint of skin so I looked all girly and showery
a gold bar necklace
white sandals with blue nail polish and blue medical tape to match (I wanted to wear heels soooo badly but I broke my toe!) I figured I could wear white sandals because there was white in the top, and it would make it look all springy.
those "fancy event" curling iron curls.
the same hoops I wore for my anniversary brunch
lipstick cause I fancy, like my curls